Play Date Clean Up | Before and After!Posted: October 15, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I invited my MOPS group over for a play date. Doing things like that is a stretch for me, mostly because my home is not usually ready to be seen by the outside world. But I love having people over. I love connecting with people and having good conversations.
And I think it’s important to connect with people in person, and not just through email or Facebook.
I also know that inviting people over motivates me to clean.
I focused on the main floor of our home, which includes our living room, kitchen, and powder room. I was just hoping that there would be no desire or need for the guests to explore further.
I took lots of before and after shots, so here we go:
Living Room After:
And if you are looking for a yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffin recipe, my friend Kristen over at The Fugal Girl can help you out!
The play date was fun!
- Starting early was important, and helped a lot! Of course, things weren’t perfect, and I acted like a crazy lady for the last hour before they arrived. I know if everything was maintained better, that would make it much easier…. we’re working on it… slowly… and that’s OK.
- I didn’t know where to start, so I just started by the front door. It worked.
- I tried to focus on having some cleared horizontal surfaces. I learned this from my sister, and Rachel over at Small Notebook wrote a nice post on the topic. Any cleared surface really helps!
- I want my home to be welcoming, not scary. I think I achieved that goal.
- I swept the floor while I was on the phone this week, without even thinking about it. Strange, but good!
- I’m thinking about an experiment where I make myself go to bed at 10:00 PM for an entire week no matter what and see how it impacts my productivity.
I’m linking up with Orgjunkie’s 52 Weeks of Organizing!