Menu Plan for the Week 10/9 – 10/15Posted: October 10, 2011 | |
How last week’s menu went:
I mostly stuck to last week’s menu except that the enchiladas got bumped to this week because of a date night that was happily added to Friday!
Oh, and the salad I made to go with the steaks last week was this Roquefort Pear Salad that I have made before and it is just. so. good. I think of it as a special occasion salad. Serious yum.
Favorite meal from last week:
OK, they were all great meals last week, but I’m going to pick the Autumn Sausage Casserole as the favorite because it’s easy, healthy, and just oh-so-fall. We all loved it. I used some apple chicken sausage that was on sale, and about a cup more of (brown) rice than the recipe says. And I actually didn’t get it into the crock pot in time, so this time I made it like the original recipe from Taste of Home. I also used both celery and carrots. Mr. RSS requested that I double the recipe next time!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas (I add enchilada sauce on top before the cheese, and sliced black olives, too. We topped these with fresh tomatoes and sour cream.)
- Slithering Stromboli Snake (a family favorite, I’ll use homemade dough)
- Raw veggies
- Corn Chowder (I couldn’t find the recipe I usually use online, but this one is sort of similar. One difference is that my recipe uses more bacon. Lots more. Use it crumbled as a topping.)
- Tuscany Pot Roast served over egg noodles mixed with sautéed mushrooms (no poppy seeds)
- Maybe a salad, too
- Butternut Squash Soup (new recipe I’m trying)
- Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
- Green beans or salad