Menu Plan for the Week 10/2 – 10/8Posted: October 3, 2011 | |
How last week’s menu went:
I moved things around a bit last week. I made the pizza for lunch one day instead of dinner, and added the Pizza Penne Bake (I add more sauce), which has turned into a new favorite “go-to” dinner around here.
Favorite meal from last week:
I’m going with the BBQ Country Style Ribs. I cooked them about 1 hour longer than the recipe and finished them on the grill. We all loved these. The Chicken Tortilla Soup is also loved by all five of us and is a family favorite!
This Week’s Menu Plan
- Barbeque Shredded Beef (from the freezer) sandwiches
- green beans
- nectarine slices
Monday – Celebrating Mr. RSS’s birthday!
- Grilled Steak with sautéed mushrooms
- Mashed potatoes
- green salad
- Hearty Lentil Soup (I add celery, add chopped spinach instead of parsley, and only use 1/2 tsp of the balsamic vinegar – and I like to use turkey bacon, too)
- Maybe some fresh-baked bread, like this Olive Bread
- Autumn Sausage Casserole (I have been making myself wait for fall to make this again.)
- Pizza: one Buffalo Chicken pizza (I use a bit less of the chicken and blue cheese dressing. You must use Frank’s Hot Sauce if you want it to be right) and one regular cheese pizza with this crust (I double the recipe and use 1 cup of whole wheat flour)
- Raw veggies
- Easy Lasagna
- green beans or salad
- maybe garlic bread (I love garlic bread.)
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas (I add enchilada sauce on top before the cheese, and sliced black olives, too.) topped with lettuce, fresh tomatoes, and sour cream
- Chips and salsa
- The MOPS playdate was a success! Things were looking pretty good around here, but I did hide some clutter. Again.